REDUCE THE APPEARANCE
OF ACNE SCARS
SMOOTHER AND SOFTER SKIN
LOOK OF FINE LINES
WORKS ON ALL
6 DAYS A WEEK
DERMAPLANING NEAR ME IN OAKHAM
Dermaplaning has been practised by dermatologists and plastic surgeons for over 40 years.
It was initially performed as an alternative to chemical exfoliation, and later to prepare the skin for resurfacing treatments and deeper chemical peels.
Dermaplaning has become an extremely popular treatment in the last couple of years, often referred to as the “red carpet” facial.
Here at CALVEO, the team has been trained in dermaplaning.
WHAT IS DERMAPLANING?
Dermaplaning is as simple, 30–45 min procedure performed to remove the top layer of skin and ‘peach fuzz’ hair that does not respond to laser hair removal.
Following a facial cleanse, a surgical blade will be painlessly passed over the surface of the face followed by the application of a soothing, hydrating mask to hydrate the skin and minimise any residual tingling or heightened sensitivity.
Dermaplaning is different from microdermabrasion.
Although Dermaplaning is often done to remove the ‘peach fuzz’ that cannot be treated with laser hair removal, it also has other benefits.
It can often:
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines and blemishes
- Reduce the appearance of depressed acne scars
- Increase the efficacy of topical products by removing the dead skin cells that can block their absorbtion
- Reveal more radiant skin, aiding the smooth application of make-up
- Reduced breakouts as the hair that traps dirt and bacteria, clogging the pores is minimised
- This procedure removes 2-3 weeks of dead skin cells
- Manual exfoliation triggers the cell regeneration process and allows products to penetrate the skin better
- Removing the face of vellous (peach fuzz) hair also improves skin that can often accumulate dirt and oil
- Working at a superficial, epidermal level only
DERMAPLANING PRICE LIST
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
THIS TREATMENT IS HIGHLY EFFECTIVE FOR THOSE WITH DEHYDRATED SKIN OR ROUGH SKIN TEXTURE.
MATURE SKIN, WHICH OFTEN HAS A BUILD-UP OF DEAD CELLS AND SLOWER SKIN CELL TURNOVER.
DERMAPLANING IS ALSO NON-INFLAMMATORY, THEREFORE IS SUITABLE FOR THOSE WITH PIGMENTATION.
ONLY THOSE SUFFERING FROM SEVERE ACNE OR EXCESSIVELY OILY SKIN WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO HAVE DERMAPLANING TREATMENT.
CHECK OUT OUR CALVEO BLOG
TREATMENT SESSIONS BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
ARRANGE A BOOKING
COMPLETE FORM AND ONE OF OUR ADVISERS WILL CALL YOU BACK
or message us