Even though medicine, technology, and many other things have completely changed from the way they were a few decades back, one thing remains the same: people are always looking for ways to improve their appearance.
That said, we’ve come a long way from the eye makeup of Ancient Egyptians and the corsets of the 15th century.
Don’t you agree?
Thanks to technological advancements and significant improvements in aesthetic surgery, you can now enhance your body without going through the risky and painful process of an invasive procedure.
After all, who would want to put their bodies through more strain than necessary when much better options are available?
In our last blog post, we covered 5 Amazing Benefits of Body Contouring, so read it if you need to learn more about body contouring.
For those searching to improve the size and shape of their bums, you can now do so through non-surgical bum lifts or augmentation.
Thinking of giving a bum lift a try? Read our overview down below:
WHAT ARE BUM LIFTS?
There are three basic enhancement procedures that those hoping to add some size and shape to their booties may consider:
- Fat Grafting (also known as a Brazilian Bum Lift): With this procedure, fat from other places of your body goes in your bum through liposuction.
- Bum Implants: This procedure involves a surgeon taking an actual implant and inserting it into your rear area.
- Non-Surgical Bum Lift: This procedure is a non-invasive way of plumping up your posterior. There are a few options. One involves the injection of fillers or Sculptra to your buttocks. The other alternative uses, which we use at CALVEO are radiofrequency skin tightening technology to achieve bum lift.
The first two options are both surgical, which is why many of those undergoing bum enhancements choose option three. Keep in mind that this non-invasive bum lift is not a substitute for fat grafting or implants. Ideally, it is for someone who wants a subtle lift, some bum contouring, improvement of the texture of the buttock area, a modest volume increase, and cellulite reduction.
HOW DOES NON-SURGICAL BUM LIFT WORK?
One method is to use Sculptra, which is an absorbing and biocompatible material that helps your body reproduce lost collagen. It is best used for non-surgical bum lifts, since you can achieve better results without using too much of the product. Sculptra induces your own collagen to grow around the product and fill the area out. Unlike hyaluronic acid fillers, which simply pump more volume into your skin. Sculptra causes an inflammatory reaction in your system. Ultimately, the added bulk will be a combination of fresh collagen and scar tissue.
Although you will not be put under during the procedure, your practitioner will apply local anaesthesia before Sculptra is systematically injected into regions surrounding the upper buttock area. This procedure normally requires a series of multiple treatments over a few months. Generally spaced around 3-6 weeks between each treatment to achieve optimal results. Results typically last for more than two years. Over time, Sculptra is metabolised and absorbed by the body without causing any harm or side effects.
Finally, radio frequency and inferred technology, which helps promote the formation of new collagen and skin elasticity.
Here at Calveo, we use the Venus Versus body contouring machine, which uses Multi-Polar Radio Frequency. Pulsed Electro Magnetic Fields to produce heat below the skin’s surface. This procedure helps naturally increase collagen and elastin fibres. Also reducing the size of fat cells (it melts fat!). At the same time, a modifiable pulsed suction (called VariPulse™) mildly works to pull the skin upward. This lets the energy travel deeper, and provides more comfortable and effective treatment.
FACTORS: WHY BUM LIFTS MAY BE CONSIDERED
- Ageing – As we age, our depleted gluteal muscles are great contributors to drooping and diminishing firmness of the bum area.
- Pregnancy – One of the side effects of pregnancy to the body is that it makes the pelvis tip forward, making it more difficult to engage the hamstrings, and resulting in a flabby bum.
- Sun damage – The harmful effects of the UV rays can contribute to sagging, wrinkles, and brown spots on the buttock area.
WHAT ARE THE RISKS OR SIDE EFFECTS INVOLVED IN BUM LIFT PROCEDURE?
Just like any other body augmentation procedure, there are certain risks involved in doing this procedure. It can include the formation of nodules below the skin, bleeding, swelling, or bruising in the treated area. Radio frequency treatments (RF) have negligible risks, but always discuss the treatment with a qualified practitioner.
If you want to learn more about what RF non-surgical body contouring can do for you, and learn more about our non-surgical bum lifts, then our discreet clinic is based in Rutland, just outside Oakham, near Peterborough, near Leicester, near Grantham, near Corby and Stamford. We are merely a short drive away and provide free parking. Do contact me (Lorna) at Calveo today for a consultation!
- HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO SEE RESULTS FROM HYDRAFACIAL? - 7th March 2022
- 8 FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT HYDRAFACIAL TREATMENT - 25th January 2022
- NEW YEAR, NEW YOU…WANT TO KNOW MY SECRET? NON SURGICAL BODY CONTOURING! - 4th January 2022