Even though medicine, technology, and many other things have completely changed from the way they were a few decades back, one thing remains the same: people are always looking for ways to improve their appearance.
That said, we’ve come a long way from the eye makeup of Ancient Egyptians and the corsets of the 15th century.
Don’t you agree?
Thanks to technological advancements and significant improvements in aesthetic surgery, you can now enhance your body without going through the risky and painful process of an invasive procedure.
After all, who would want to put their bodies through more strain than necessary when much better options are available?
In our last blog post we covered 5 Amazing benefits to Body Contouring, so have a read of that if you need to learn more about body contouring.
For those looking to improve the size and shape of their bum, well you can now do so through non-surgical bum lifts or augmentation.
Thinking of giving a Bum lift a try? Read our overview down below:
WHAT ARE BUM LIFTS?
There are three basic enhancement procedures that those looking to add some size and shape to their booties may be considering:
- Fat Grafting (also known as a Brazilian Bum Lift): With this procedure, fat from other places of your body goes in your bum through liposuction.
- Bum Implants: This procedure involves a surgeon taking an actual implant and inserting it into your rear area.
- Non-Surgical Bum Lift: This procedure is a non-invasive way of plumping up your posterior. There are a few options. One involves the injection of fillers or Sculptra to your buttocks,. The other alternative uses, which we use at CALVEO is radiofrequency skin tightening technology to achieve the bum lift.
The first two options are both surgical, which is why many of those undergoing bum enhancements are choosing option three. Keep in mind that this non-invasive bum lift is not a substitute for fat grafting or implants. Ideally it is for someone who wants a subtle lift, some bum contouring, improvement of the texture of the buttock area, a modest volume increase, and cellulite reduction.
HOW DOES NON-SURGICAL BUM LIFT WORK?
One method is to use Sculptra which is an absorbing and biocompatible material that helps your body reproduce lost collagen. It is best used for non-surgical bum lifts since you can essentially achieve better results without using too much of the product. Sculptra is actually inducing your own collagen to grow around the product and fill the area out. Unlike hyaluronic acid fillers, which simply pump more volume to your skin. Sculptra causes an inflammatory reaction in your system. Ultimately, the bulk added will be a combination of fresh collagen and scar tissue.
Although you will not be put under during the procedure, your practitioner will apply local anaesthesia before Sculptra is systematically injected into regions surrounding the upper buttock area. This procedure normally requires a series of multiple treatments over the course of a few months. Generally spaced around 3-6 weeks in between each treatment to achieve optimal results. Results typically last for more than two years. Over time, Sculptra is metabolised and absorbed by the body without causing any harm or side effects.
Finally, then radio frequency and inferred technology which helps to promote the formation of new collagen and skin elasticity.
Here at Calveo, we use the Venus Versus body contouring machine which uses Multi-Polar Radio Frequency. Also Pulsed Electro Magnetic Fields to produce heat below the skin’s surface. This procedure helps to naturally increase collagen and elastin fibres. Also reducing the size of fat cells (It melts fat!). At the same time, a modifiable pulsed suction (called VariPulse™) mildly works to pull the skin upward. This lets the energy to travel deeper and providing more comfortable and effective treatment.
FACTORS, WHY BUM LIFTS MAY BE CONSIDERED
- Ageing – As we age, our depleted gluteal muscles are great contributors to drooping and diminishing firmness of the bum area.
- Pregnancy – One of the side effects of pregnancy to the body is that it makes the pelvis tip forward, making it more difficult to engage the hamstrings and resulting in a flabby bum.
- Sun damage – The harmful effects of the UV rays can contribute to the sagging, wrinkles, and brown spots on the buttock area.
WHAT ARE THE RISKS OR SIDE EFFECTS INVOLVED IN BUM LIFT PROCEDURE?
Just like any other body augmentation procedure, there are certain risks involved in doing this procedure. It could include the formation of nodules below the skin or bleeding, swelling, or bruising in the treated area. Radio frequency treatments (RF) have very few risks, but always discuss the treatment with a qualified practitioner.
If you want to learn more about what RF non-surgical body contouring can do for you and find out more about our non-surgical bum lifts then our discreet clinic is based in Rutland just outside of Oakham, which is near Peterborough, near Leicester, near Grantham, near Corby and Stamford. We are just a short drive away and provide free-parking. Do get in touch with either myself (Lorna) or Cherise at Calveo for arranging a consultation today!
- AT CALVEO, HOW DO WE MAKE SURE LASER HAIR REMOVAL IS SAFE FOR YOU? - 24th November 2020
- LASER HAIR REMOVAL PREGNANT – IS IT ALL RIGHT TO HAVE LASER HAIR REMOVAL WHILE PREGNANT? - 17th November 2020
- IS LASER HAIR REMOVAL SAFE DURING COVID-19? - 7th October 2020