Exfoliating your face does not always have to involve scrubs and facial cleansers.
So, to get rid of your facial hair and get smooth, flawless skin on your face without harsh chemicals, have you considered Dermaplaning as a treatment?
To determine whether Dermaplaning is right for your skin, we’ve answered some of the most common questions about the treatment.
Carry on reading the information below before getting the procedure.
Let’s get on with it and answer your dermaplaning questions.
1. WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN DERMAPLANING AND MICRODERMABRASION?
Dermaplaning and Microdermabrasion are both exfoliation treatments. The methods each process differs.
Microdermabrasion unclogs pores by sanding and suctioning dead skin cells. On the other hand, Dermaplaning gently scrapes off the top layer of the skin with a surgical scalpel.
As both treatments are effective in making your face feel and look smoother, you can choose one based on your personal preference.
2. HOW IS DERMAPLANING TREATMENT DIFFERENT FROM A SKIN PEEL?
Dermaplaning and peels differ in the depths they target.
Dermaplaning targets only the top layer of your skin, making its healing time much faster. However, because this treatment does not go into the deeper layers of your skin, it is ineffective in dealing with deeper wrinkles or sun damage. Its effects also last shorter than chemical peels.
3. IS DERMAPLANING SAFE?
Dermaplaning is safe when performed by a licensed and trained aesthetician.
4. IS DERMAPLANING PAINFUL?
Dermaplaning does not involve any chemicals and Exfoliants. This procedure removes the dead skin cells only on the surface of your skin. Therefore, there is no swelling or pain associated with the treatment. Most clients say that they feel relaxed during the procedure.
5. IS DERMAPLANING RECOMMENDED FOR MY SKIN TYPE?
Dermaplaning is suitable for all skin types except for those who suffer from acne. If you have deep cystic acne, wait until your breakouts calm down before getting this treatment.
This procedure is the perfect option for pregnant or nursing women who want exfoliation. This treatment is safe for the baby because it does not involve the use of harsh chemicals.
Before the procedure, make sure to discuss your skin allergies or sensitivities with your aesthetician.
Find out what skin type you have-
6. WILL DERMAPLANING MAKE MY FACIAL HAIR GROW BACK THICKER OR DARKER?
Contrary to popular belief, Dermaplaning will not make the hair on your face grow back thicker or darker.
To illustrate, vellus hair and terminal hair are the different types of hair that grow on the body. Vellus hair is found on most body parts except for the lips, genital areas, palms, and soles. In contrast, terminal hairs grow on the scalp, underarms, and pubic region.
The hair on your face has soft and fine vellus hair, which will grow at the same texture and speed as it was before your treatment.
7. WHAT AREAS CAN BE TREATED WITH DERMAPLANING?
Dermaplaning should be performed only on the face, excluding eyelids and lips. The procedure cannot be done on any other part of the body.
8. CAN I WEAR MAKEUP AFTER GETTING DERMAPLANING?
There is no downtime associated with Dermaplaning, so you can go on with your day after getting the procedure and apply makeup right away. Since the treatment gets rid of all the little hairs and dead skin cells on your face, your makeup will glide on smoothly!
9. HOW OFTEN DO I NEED DERMAPLANING?
Dermaplaning removes 21 days’ worth of dead skin cells, so it’s best to allow your skin to complete its rejuvenation cycle before your next treatment. Meanwhile, if you have resilient skin, you may consider getting Microdermabrasion and Dermaplaning in the same session for incredible results.
10. IS AFTERCARE NECESSARY?
After getting the procedure, make sure to follow the tips below:
- No sunbeds and holiday trips for two weeks
- No heat treatments, gym, sauna, and swimming for 48 hours
- No Botox and beauty treatments on your face two weeks before and after the treatment
- No potent retinol, glycolic, or prescription products five days before and after the treatment
- Mineral makeup can be worn for the first 24 hours after the treatment
Attaining the healthy glow, you’ve always wanted doesn’t ever come overnight. Still, with Dermaplaning, you can get baby-smooth and hair-free skin on your face in no time. Look for a reputable beauty clinic to see instant results and achieve your dream skin!
To learn about the benefits of Dermaplaning, read our next blog post!
If you are interested in trying Dermaplaning in Rutland, get in touch with us. We look forward to hearing from you!
- AT CALVEO, HOW DO WE MAKE SURE LASER HAIR REMOVAL IS SAFE FOR YOU? - 24th November 2020
- LASER HAIR REMOVAL PREGNANT – IS IT ALL RIGHT TO HAVE LASER HAIR REMOVAL WHILE PREGNANT? - 17th November 2020
- IS LASER HAIR REMOVAL SAFE DURING COVID-19? - 7th October 2020